NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON
· 2013 Engineers Week was 2/17-23. The Banquet was held at The Jefferson on Thursday evening 2/21/13. The banquet speaker was Dr Oscar L Martin.
· Career Day was held before the banquet on Sun 2/10/13 at the Science Museum and was renamed Celebrate Engineering Ingenuity.
· More information on award recipients will be posted to our web along with pictures of the event shortly on our new web.
· RJEC Board Meetings are held the 2nd Thu of each month at Max’s Positive Vibe Café off Forest Hill Ave at 6pm. All Societies are invited to send a representative.
What is the RJEC ?
· The Richmond Joint Engineers’ Council is an all-volunteer coalition of engineering, scientific and technical societies in the Richmond / Petersburg Metropolitan Areas of Virginia.
· RJEC promotes Engineering Education, and provides a vehicle to disseminate knowledge and information relating the art and science of engineering to its member societies and the general public.
· RJEC publishes a newsletter, holds monthly meetings, and sponsors several events for the students and the engineering community.
· RJEC hosts the Annual Engineers' Banquet, develops the National Engineers' Week newspaper supplement, sponsors several contests including an Essay Contest, and a Career Day.
· RJEC also sponsors several scholarships at VCU and VSU, and sponsors a Speakers Bureau, as well as hosting an Annual Leadership Forum for all area Engineering Societies.
· RJEC was also a sponsor of the First Lego League competition in conjunction with the Science Museum of Virginia and promotes their annual contest. This competition was designed to challenge students in grades 4 - 8.
ichmond Joint Engineers Council
P. O. Box 8988